Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer Update!

Here's what's been going on this summer:

1.) My family and I took a small vacation to a resort down in the southern part of Missouri. It was nice to get away from everything, but where we went wasn't the idea vacation for us. Luckily, my mom is planning another vacation for next week. We are going to Springfield, IL to look at all of the Abraham Lincoln exhibits there.

2.) I have been shopping like crazy for my apartment. I just recently bought a new bed frame, mattress, and a new comforter. I'm realizing how much money it takes to get your own place.

3.) I got to see my best friend from St. Louis this past week! Melissa and I went to the Lake to do some shopping and catching up. We haven't seen each other in little over a year! :O

4.) My dad and I still haven't gone to a baseball game yet this summer. I'm hoping that we get to go to one before the season is over.

5.) My grandpa (my dad's dad) passed away in July. It was a very difficult time for my family, because it was so sudden. We have been trying our hardest to get on with life.

6.) School starts in two weeks. Yuck.

7.) We have been very busy at Shady Gables! We have been constantly booked all summer long. It has been a treat working there, because I just love seeing the smiling faces of new customers and our regular ladies who come for afternoon tea. They have such a good time!

8.) I'm thinking about taking a trip to Ireland during the summer of 2011. My former high school goes to someplace in Europe every two years. I went to Germany, Austria, and Hungary in the summer of 2007, and have been wanting to go back for years. The group just got back from a tour of Italy this past summer. My friends, Ashley and Chris, went and took 1000 pictures. She said that she is going to show them to me. I'm going to be so jealous looking at them. :P

9.) I've decided that I am going to take the next two weeks slow. There is going to be lazy days on the days I don't have to work or go somewhere (that includes today, tomorrow, and next Wednesday). But, one of those days I need to take my best friend out to lunch for her birthday.

10.) I got to see the Harry Potter movie last Sunday. It was so good, but at the same time, disappointing. They left out a lot of the plot from the book. :/

11.) I'm reading "Julie and Julia" by Julie Powell. It is such a good book. I can't wait for the movie to come out. (BTW, I found the Julie/Julia Project blog on the internet the other day. I was so excited!)

12.) Did I mention how much I dislike that school is approaching? Oh, yeah I did. Point #6. And, I say it again, Yuck.

I hope you all are having a great summer! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment